Tanker Investments Ltd. and its subsidiaries (collectively “TIL”) respect your right to privacy. This policy will outline how your personal information is collected and used and details our anti-spam commitments. By providing us with your personal information and “opting-in” to receive information from TIL, you consent to the policy and use of information outlined herein.
1. Personal Information
Personal information is any information that you provide to us that identifies you or would enable someone to contact you. This includes but is not limited to:
- Your name
- Your physical address
- Company name
- Email address
- Phone number
This privacy and anti-spam policy applies to the website www.tankerinvestments.com and on any social media platform where TIL has a presence including, but not limited to:
- RSS Feeds
2. How We Collect Your Information
We collect information that you provide to us through our websites, including but not limited to:
a) personal information described in section 1 of this policy, and
b) activity on our website when visiting. When you visit the TIL website, some information may be collected automatically by the software that operates our website (i.e. the site from which you linked, your Internet Service Provider, the time and date of your visit). Our servers do not track, collect, or distribute personal information about visitors to our website. This information is used by our technical engineers to compile aggregate statistics about the total number of daily visitors to our site, the pages most frequently visited, and how long people stay at each page. None of the information that we report allows for the personal identification of individuals.
3. How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to contact you by phone, electronic messages including but not limited to email, and social media messages to:
- Provide you with information you have requested from us
- To share industry news and information with you
- To gather information from you to improve our services
- To communicate with you in general
4. Anti-Spam Policy
- We will only ever send you permission-based email.
- You may choose to opt-out of our mailing list at any time.
- By checking the opt-in box when signing up for a service or emailing us you agree to be contacted by us for the purposes described in this policy above.
- All emails sent to you will include:
- The option to opt-in to receive communication for the purposes described in this policy;
- The option to unsubscribe from receiving future electronic communication from us; and a link to this privacy and anti-spam policy
- Electronic communications you receive from us will include the name and address of the sender as well as on whose behalf the email is being sent.
- Electronic communications you receive from us will include a descriptive subject line consistent with the reason you are being contacted.
At any point in time you may opt out from receiving future communications from us by:
- Clicking the link at the bottom of our communication indicating your desire to “opt-out” or “unsubscribe,” or;
- By sending an email to email@example.com together with the TIL email address or phone number from where you received the communication and specifying that you would like to unsubscribe from future communications.
6. Sharing of Information
We will never share, rent or sell your personal information to third parties except as may be permitted or required by law.
7. Security and Privacy
We employ reasonable safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information. Despite the measures TIL has implemented, data transmitted over the internet is not guaranteed to be secure. TIL does not guarantee, warrant or represent that the personal information you provide will be transmitted securely, or protected completely against interception, loss, misuse or alteration. TIL accepts no responsibility or liability for any damages that may result where personal information submitted by you, has not been securely transmitted, has been intercepted, lost, misused or altered.
8. Third-Party Links
Some of the links on our website direct you to third party websites. However we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party websites.
If you have a question, complaint or other inquiry concerning the use of your personal information or this policy please direct your inquiry to TIL by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org